"the breadth and length and height and depth" of love (eph 3:18)
"If we love one another God dwells in us." —1 John 4:12
The vision of the Sacred Heart of Jesus is probably the most powerful prophecy in history. The picture of the Sacred Heart continues to open millions of people to the unconditional love God the Father has for them. The Sacred Heart of Jesus proclaims God loves us so much that:
- He became a human being.
- He suffered and died on the cross for us.
- He makes Himself present under the appearances of bread and wine.
- He literally lives inside us.
- He will come back to take us with Him, and we will be perfectly happy with Him forever in heaven.
- He disciplines and chastises us to prevent us from damnation (see Heb 12:7).
- He will never reject us even if we reject Him (Jn 6:37).
- He respects our freedom to the point that He lets us choose to decide to go to hell forever (see Dt 7:10).
- No eyes have seen, no ears have heard, nor has it even dawned on our minds what He has prepared for us (1 Cor 2:9).
The Sacred Heart of Jesus proclaims that God's love for us is forgiving, merciful, unconditional, crucified, infinite, perfect, everlasting, Trinitarian, eucharistic, and mysterious. May we "come to know and to believe in the love God has for us" (1 Jn 4:16). Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us.
Prayer: Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place my trust in You.
Promise: "Come to Me, all you who are weary and find life burdensome, and I will refresh you." —Mt 11:28
Praise: Praise the Heart of Jesus on fire with love for us!
Nihil Obstat: Reverend Robert L. Hagedorn, November 29, 1995
Imprimatur: †Most Reverend Carl K. Moeddel, Vicar General and Auxiliary Bishop of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, December 4, 1995