know jesus; no fear
"The Lord is my Light and my Salvation; whom should I fear? The Lord is my life's Refuge; of whom should I be afraid?" —Psalm 27:1
In the Bible, the Lord says 365 times: "Do not fear." Pope John Paul II has repeatedly prophesied: "Do not fear." Satan is trying to make us his slaves forever through our fear of death (Heb 2:15). However, we need not be afraid, for:
- "The Lord is my Light and my Salvation" (Ps 27:1; see also Is 12:2).
- "The Lord is my life's Refuge" (Ps 27:1).
- "He who fears the Lord is never alarmed, never afraid; for the Lord is his Hope" (Sir 34:14).
- "Fear is useless. What is needed is trust" (Mk 5:36).
- The Lord has promised to be with us always (Mt 28:20) and not to leave us orphaned (Jn 14:18).
- "If God is for us, who can be against us?" (Rm 8:31)
- "Is it possible that He Who did not spare His own Son but handed Him over for the sake of us all will not grant us all things besides?" (Rm 8:32)
- "We are more than conquerors because of Him Who has loved us" (Rm 8:37).
- "I am certain that neither death nor life, neither angels nor principalities, neither the present nor the future, nor powers, neither height nor depth nor any other creature, will be able to separate us from the love of God that comes to us in Christ Jesus, our Lord" (Rm 8:38-39).
- "Perfect love casts out all fear" (1 Jn 4:18).
Do not fear!
Prayer: Father, make me fearless, bold, free, unintimidated, unmanipulated, and holy.
Promise: "I tell you, there will be the same kind of joy before the angels of God over one repentant sinner." —Lk 15:10
Praise: During a plague, St. Charles arranged to feed many thousands of poor people each day.
Nihil Obstat: Reverend Ralph J. Lawrence, April 10, 1999
Imprimatur: †Most Reverend Carl K. Moeddel, Vicar General and Auxiliary Bishop of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, April 16, 1999