Actualmente, este contenido solo está disponible en inglés.
the 14-day war
"Yet I, like a trusting lamb led to slaughter, had not realized that they were hatching plots against me." —Jeremiah 11:19
Two weeks from today is Holy Saturday and Easter Vigil. Spiritual warfare may well intensify as we near the time to renew our baptismal promises. This renewal is the culmination of Lent and the center of the year. Because of this renewal's strategic importance, the devil rages as we prepare to reject him, all his works, and all his empty promises. We may experience persecution as plots are hatched against us (Jer 11:19). We may be surrounded by confusion and division (see Jn 7:43). We may be ridiculed (see Jn 7:47) and taunted (see Jn 7:52) for our faith in the Lord.
To claim Jesus' victory in spiritual warfare:
- "fix your eyes on Jesus" (Heb 3:1),
- praise the Lord, especially at Mass (see Ps 8:3),
- repent and go to Confession,
- wield "the sword of the Spirit, the word of God" (Eph 6:17),
- attack the evil one through prayer and especially through fasting (Mt 17:21),
- surround yourself with Christian community (see Heb 12:1) to avoid becoming isolated in spiritual warfare, and
- "rejoice in the Lord always" (Phil 4:4).
Prayer: Father, "to You I have entrusted my cause!" (Jer 11:20)
Promise: "No man ever spoke like that before." Jn 7:46
Praise: St. Patrick's commitment to Jesus was so extreme that he endured grave hardships, and was willing to suffer imprisonment or even death if God so required.
Reference: (For related teaching, order our booklet, Life-Changing Prayers from the Bible, or our tape on How to Pray the Bible on audio AV 82-3 or video V-82.)
Rescript: †Most Reverend Joseph R. Binzer, Auxiliary Bishop, Vicar General of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, May 10, 2017
The Nihil Obstat ("Permission to Publish") is a declaration that a book or pamphlet is considered to be free of doctrinal or moral error. It is not implied that those who have granted the Nihil Obstat agree with the contents, opinions, or statements expressed.