"They were afraid to question Him about the matter." —Luke 9:45
Jesus is the Answer, and He reveals all the answers we need to know. However, we may be afraid to ask the questions, especially the questions about the cross. Are you afraid to ask Jesus the following questions?
- How can I share in Your sufferings by being formed into the pattern of Your death? (Phil 3:10)
- How much will You call me to pray and fast?
- What sacrifices should I make and what penance should I do for love of You?
- Are You calling me to be a priest or religious?
- How many children do You want me to have?
- How many of my pleasures do You want to take away?
- With whom must I share my faith in You?
- How simple and austere do You want my lifestyle to be?
- Which sins in my life have I refused to admit?
- Do You want me to die for You?
For love of Jesus, ask Him these and other questions you don't want to ask. He will reveal His will to you. He will give you the faith, love, and courage to do it.
Prayer: Father, may Your will, not mine, be done (Mt 26:39).
Promise: "Fill us at daybreak with Your kindness, that we may shout for joy and gladness all our days." —Ps 90:14
Praise: St. Cosmas, St. Damian, and their three brothers were martyred together in Cilicia during a Roman persecution of Christians. Praise You, Jesus, for holy families who courageously witness to the resurrection of the body (see 2 Mc 7:1ff).
Reference: (For related teaching, order our leaflet, Life-Decisions.)
Nihil Obstat: Reverend Robert J. Buschmiller, February 17, 1998
Imprimatur: †Most Reverend Carl K. Moeddel, Vicar General and Auxiliary Bishop of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, March 25, 1998